Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FYI... don't be mad

Hey ladies! I realize this isn't a confession blog, but I just wanted you to be aware.......................................................................................................... ha... is the suspense killin ya yet! Don't worry, it's nothin that big. :) I wanted to let you know that Lydia has strep. There. I said it. :) To the few she was around- way sorry. Ben has been fine though, so I think everybody will be okay. Through this all, I investigated myself and discovered what she had before we went to the doctor. I pretty much felt super smart. Apparently babies don't get strep. 2-10 yr olds get it, but it's called "scarlet fever". The most noticable symptom is their skin (starting on the stomach and back and spreading everywhere after) looks like sand paper- or baby acne. They might say their throat hurts and if you look back into it, their glands will be swollen. Go ahead- go check your kiddos backs. It's nothing too serious, but I would feel bad if it was passed on and you weren't aware that it was a possibility and what the symptoms are. I really do feel bad, but what do ya do...

On a happier note- you all are so great, I mean that. I have been a hermit for awhile now, sometimes even scared to answer my phone. I know, I'm a psycho, but I appreciate you all and hope to get back to my "normal" weird self soon!

Rachael

3 comments:

  1. Hope she feels better soon! And don't you get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad for you, because you have a baby on the way!! Hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, sick kids is never fun. I can't wait to find out what gender your new little baby is! Jana and I were talking about not finding out the gender of a baby and we both decided we're too weak. :) I can't believe that that's the way it used to always be done. Look what technology has done to us!

    ReplyDelete