Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Details

After talking more with Charlotte here is what I found out...

Adam can get us a room for $100 a night, and obviously we would only stay for one night. We won't know the exact details until we get a head count and set a date. After we get those things established then he can book the room. He could possibly get a suite, it just depends on their availability for the night that we choose. Either way though, the room would be $100. So if we end up getting a suite, it would be the better option since we could all stay together and split the cost multiple ways resulting in a CHEAP night stay. If we can't get a suite then he can book us a few different rooms. We would still split the cost, but it wouldn't be AS cheap. Also, I am not exactly sure how many adults the suite can sleep, so depending on how many ladies come, we might need a couple suites, or a suite plus another room.

I believe the regular rooms sleep 4 adults, so plan on spending $25 per person AT THE MOST. That would be the price if we have to book a bunch of regular rooms instead of the suite. Last year we each payed $20, so I think this is a killer deal considering that it's a super nice resort. If you want to check out the details of the resort follow this link http://www.homesteadresort.com/

Would it help to plan this weekend further out? Like maybe towards the end of summer? I want everyone (who wants to come) to be able to make it, so maybe it will help to schedule it during a time when there aren't so many summer vacations going on. What do you think? How about this...if you are interested after hearing these details, please post a comment with the dates of your TOP THREE FRIDAY NIGHTS in June, July, and August that work best for you. And please include any suggestions and/or questions that you have for me in your comment so I can try to work out all the kinks.  

Also, if any of you talk to the ladies who have moved out of the neighborhood and/or ladies who don't check the blog, please mention it to them. The more the merrier and it would be GREAT to catch up with those that we don't see very often.

I am super excited and have LOTS of fun ideas of things for us to do that weekend. Last year was fun and I am hoping to make this year EVEN BETTER.

Thanks all!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! My calendar is wide open in August, but that seems so far away! So I don't know. I guess that's my least busy of all of the months. Thanks for putting this together, it will be great to have a night out with the girls for such a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I get discounts at the Marriott, at any of their hotels. I could get a room at a Residence Inn that sleeps 6 for $89 + tax, or at a resort that sleeps 8 with 2 bedrooms and 1200 sq ft for $230 + tax. Of course in order to gurantee a room, the reservation has to be made early cause they go quick. Just mentioning it in case it makes a difference, but the homestead resort looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. August would be better for me as well but I'm kind of scared to leave Zeke! I don't own an electric breast pump so I don't know what I'd do about him eating or me getting engorged. I really want to come though, it sounds way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to have to skip out this year. I just can't leave Brynlee over night while she is still nursing so much. Sounds super fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy and Emily, you are more than welcome to bring the babies with you. I don't have a problem at all, and I doubt the other ladies will either. We have all had babies and understand how it goes. I will probably bring Kash as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in then if I can bring Zeke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun, Nicole! Would really love a break and a chance to hang out! I'm thinking august as well. Although I would most likely just do the evening and then drive home. I'm another one of those ladies with a young baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sad that I live far away now! I had to miss the last one because I still worked :( I hope you ladies have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete