Friday, January 22, 2010

Idea...

I have a Crazy Fabulous idea. I always hear friends of mine talking about their "Girls Weekend". I am always jealous because it sounds like so much fun. Well, considering I don't have any sisters, and the only BIG group of friends I have is YOU GALS, I thought I might run an idea past all of you.
What do you think about having a Girls Weekend Getaway in
!!!???PaRk CiTy???!!!
I was running the numbers, and it actually would be pretty cheap. We could get a few hotel rooms and sleep four ladies to a room (which means we would all pay 1/4 the price of the room). We could also go shopping, swimming, hot tubbing, out to dinner, movies, and just veg out (chatting, snacking, etc.) in our hotel room all night. We could go on a Friday, spend the night, and hang out all day on Saturday. The getaway could be totally personalized too. If you wanted to stay longer, or shorter, you could do whatever you want. We could plan it in advance so that we can all start saving money, and/or setting aside some time in our busy lives.
I know, it sounds kind of crazy to me too...but think of how much FUN it would be.
I want input from ALL of you ladies so we can work on putting something together.
Let me know what you think!

36 comments:

  1. That sounds like a ton of fun! Especially if it will be cheap. Let me know more details, when they come, because I'm always up for a fun adventure with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. Just have to keep it cheap. Let me know and I will start saving my pennies! yay, yay! I will be out of commission from end of March to late summer with the new baby, so if it happens before end of March or after July or so, I am totally game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolette, how about before the babe comes? Will that give you enough time to save some dough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun, I'd need a little time to save some $$ too. I think I'd probably get more sleep in a room with you guys than I ever do at home....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be game. As long as it is not too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, don't plan on sleeping, haha. We will probably be up all night. Seriously, we go to bed at 2:00 a.m. when we have ladies nights on a TUESDAY. Just think of how bad it will be on a FRIDAY night, away from our hubs and littles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be so fun! There is a Best Western Hotel that is right by the outlets called the landmark inn. My family (all the aunts, girl cousins, and grandma) stayed there and they have a family suite that sleeps 13 people. It is a really nice room and has a small kitchen. The hotel has a pool, gym and free breakfast. When we stayed there it was only $209 for a Friday night. If 13 people went the cost would be around $20 a person. The room also has a family room area with couches and a table where we could play games. I could find out if the room is available for one of the last weekends in March if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmen, Best Westerns are really nice! You wouldn't think so, but most of them are remodeled and really affordable. I think the last couple weekends in March would be a great time (right before all the new spring chickens are born). It would be nice to get a suite so we could all sleep together...Oohh lala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I just called Best Western and reserved the family suite for March 19th. That is the only weekend that is available before Nicolette and Suzy have their babies. They actually gave me a HUGE discount. Normally the room is $389 that weekend, but they took it down to $209!!! With taxes the total cost would be $230.04. If we split the cost, it would be really cheap. Is that weekend ok? Otherwise we could go sometime in April and still get that rate, but some of the ladies would miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally in!!! I have mentioned this a couple times before... I think it sounds like SO much fun!!! My mom always did things like this with her friends and I always though when I got older I'd love to do it too! So Im for sure in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, Nicole! And thanks, Carmen for setting up the suite at Best Western. I'll make sure to get work off if they schedule me that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Should work for me. March 19, right?
    No hot tubbing for me, but I can sure eat and play games!!!! :) Thanks for getting this together. Keep me in touch with details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in too! I will need a little get away before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooo, just found out a really good friend's baby shower is the night of the 19th. But I could drive up afterwards. Not like you girls will be asleep right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicolette, we probably will be awake for AWHILE. Also, we can extend the trip into the next day in case you wanted to stay up there a little longer. They have great shopping for babies up there, just in time to stock up for little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, so it sound like most ladies are intersted, I am stoked! I need help spreading the word though, since I am not sure who checks this blog. Has anyone talked or heard from the following...Rachael, Chelsea, Kristen, Carol, Emily, Marcy, or anyone else???

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am here..... contemplating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have it on my calendar, and I got the OK from my sweet husband! And get this, my sister-in-law has this job where she gets paid to call into a financial radio show and ask certain financial questions. Anyway, she couldn't do it yesterday, so I took over for her and made $45! I totally need that job! The point is... I now will have the extra money for our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, I am dumb. My baby shower for my friend is Feb. 19. We are going to Park City on March 19. So it's perfect! I'm in! Yay for Park City and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am pretty sure I'm in. I haven't ever spent a night away from Kenzie and the thought makes my heart ache. But I would have so much fun!!! I'm seriously the most pathetic soft hearted Mommy alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mindy, I think we are all on the same page as you. I will miss Kohen SO SO much, but I know he will just be asleep the whole time, and in good hands with Andrew. It's only one night, and IF Joel needs you, you are only a phone call away right? Besides, this might be your only opportunity to do this before Kenz has more brothers and sisters that keep you home. Please, please come. It won't be the same without you! Now I sound like the pathetic one (begging you to come), haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay Carmen, we need 13 ladies to commit right? We have these ladies who definately want in...You, Me, Jana, Mindy, Suzy, Amy, Julie, Nicolette, and Jen. Nine so far! Let me know if you hear of others. I am still trying to spread the word so everyone can mark it on their calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am totally in! Suzy told me about it and I am so so excited! I've been trying to think of something that I can do to get away and this is the perfect opportunity! I told Rusty that since he gets to go snowboarding all day in a couple weeks than I get to go do this! Yay oh my gosh you guys have no idea how excited I am!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just talked to Emily on facebook and she says that she is in also!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Emily, I am so happy! I don't have your phone number, or any other way to reach you, so I was hoping you would hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you guys so much for including me! I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is there still room for me? :) I'm sorry I'm the lame- never check blogs or facebook- friend, it doesn't mean I don't care! I'm marking it on my calendar unless I'm voted out. We NEED this, I need this. :) For anyone who loves apple pie caramel apples, save up a couple extra pennies because it is my personal tradition to always get one up there. We should go to a sappy chick flick huh? WAY EXCITED!!! Thanks Nicole for the idea and Carmon for taking action!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rachael, I vote that you can come. :) You may need to bring some yummy cookies though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Rachael, I vote that you MUST come. I was just worried that you might be busy that weekend, because let's face it, you are one busy gal! Anyway, I was planning on bringing some extra dough for dinner, shopping, and of course chocolate factory treats. Hooray, with you and Emily, that makes ELEVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay! I compromised with Rusty and we each get a little spending money from our tax return cuz the rest has to go to bills! It sucks! I wish we weren't in debt so much cuz then I would have been able to go on a shopping spree! Aahhh! You guys seriously, I'm gonna say it again, I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think this blog post wins for most comments ever!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am glad I am finally hearing about this blog! Sorry, I can't commit. I work until 530p, and Travis never gets his shift for work until the day before. Lately he has been working nights, and it will probably stay that way for awhile. I would love to go, though.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  33. What is the date we're doing this again?

    ReplyDelete