Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Party!

So, I was thinking it would be fun to have a Halloween party for the kids. I was having a hard time getting some of the details together, until genius Rachael had the idea to make it a progressive Halloween party! In case you don't know what that is: the kids would have a number of different activities/snacks/games that they would do and each one would be at a different house. (That way each house would only have to deal with about 20 minutes of disaster!!!)
Would any one be interested in participating in this? I think the kids would have a lot of fun showing off their costumes and playing with their friends, and -of course- the moms always have fun when they get together :) We've decided to have it in the morning on either Thursday, October 14th or Friday, October 15th so the kids who are in school can come. (It's Fall Break then.)
I have found some cute things on the Family Fun site, but any ideas are welcome! Leave a comment if you would be willing to be a host house and what kind of event you'd like to host. Also, leave a comment if you'd like to come (since we obviously don't have time to go to everyone's house) so we have a rough guess on attendance numbers. Thank you, Ladies!!!

7 comments:

  1. First off- love the whole "I dreamed my house was clean." That's funny- really funny actually because its happened. :)

    I LOVE Halloween parties, and I'm pretty sure this one is going to be SUPER great! The hard part is going to be choosing what to do...

    For lunch, how should we do it? They are kids and don't eat that much. Should we just have a main course home and then a dessert home? And leave the rest to fun and games? I have some ideas for food- shocking I know, so I will do the main course- drinks included. YEAH! I can not wait! If anyone can't host part of this party in their home, and want to partner up with me I'm all about that!!! And if nobody partners up with me I will be really offended. :) JK Love ya gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a blast!!! I'm in. I vote for Friday too.
    What time were you thinking?
    I love halloween so I'm up for helping with food and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm in..just let me know what you want me to do..I have some ideas for fun and games...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday works better for me, but I'm having a hard time with costumes this year. So, I'm still working on that. But I can do something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in. I can do something at my house. Maybe they could decorate halloween cookies or I could try to come up with a game. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be happy to host for a little bit. I could do pumpkin decorating. If you give me a number of who is coming I can get little pumpkins for each kid and then they can decorate with markers. Let me know! We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete