Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Swiss Christmas in Midway December 4-6th

We went to Swiss Christmas a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it...so I thought I'd pass along the info to anyone who was interested in going.  All the events are free....maybe we could plan an outing to go together during the day on Friday the 4th with our kiddos. It will probably be less busy during a weekday. Let me know if anyone would be interested.

Here are descriptions of the events:
Old Fashioned Town Party

Crafts - Gifts - Artisans

Children Dancing

Strolling Carolers

Father & Mother Christmas from 12-2 PM


The Interfaith Creche Exhibit


Nativities from around the world: 90 countries represented

 100's of children's art work depicting the nativity story

Musical Performances reflecting the spirit of the season

Family Nativity Photographs

The Christmas Story -- performed by marionettes

The entire exhibit honors "The Prince of Peace "

Cottages for the Children-Gingerbread Display and Auction

Gingerbread Houses


Sweet confections sold by silent auction

Kids Corner

Face Painting

Gingerbread Cookie Decorating

4 comments:

  1. That would be a lot of fun! If it's not snowing I say lets go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds way fun! Are there admission fees (I have to plan ahead). We would love to go. Let me know...
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all free...except if you want to buy any food or crafts, but we could bring a picnic lunch if we wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we go on that Saturday I think I could make it.

    ReplyDelete