Friday, November 6, 2009

Perfect Pumpkin Pie


I found this Recipe in the paper. I didn't have a good Pumkin Pie recipe, so I think I'm going to try it out this year. It looks easy enough and they say it's the #1 Pumkin Pie Recipe on AllRecipes.com.

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Yield: 1 pie (8 servings)

Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Option:
Favorite Streusel Topping
COMBINE 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped nuts. After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, sprinkle evenly over top. Bake and additional 10 minutes.

1 comment: